Technology Leader, Coding Architect, Continuous Delivery Transformation Specialist, Domain-Driven Design Enthusiast
A hands-on technology leader, disruptor and change agent who is not afraid to challenge status quo. I have a solid track record of leading large technology teams and helping businesses deliver mission critical solutions in a manner that enriches the lives of its stakeholders and end users alike while exhibiting high internal and external quality. I am passionate about the application of iterative methods and the use of open source software to reliably and rapidly realize value. Over the past two decades, I have had the pleasure of helping a variety of clients and domains ranging from financial services, online retailers, education, healthcare startups among others.
Specialities and Interests
Digital agile/iterative transformation, technical innovation, leadership, cloud native applications, event-driven architecture, domain-driven design, continuous delivery, employee development, distributed/offshore teams.
- Distinguished Engineer and Group Lead for the architecture, design and delivery of the next generation, cloud-native platform services and applications at Barclays, US.
- Group and Technical Lead for the Consumer Lending line of business
- Technical Lead for the migration of the Credit Cards business services onto the next generation platform
- Chief Architect for the Cards Next Generation Platform
- Led and successfully delivered the $100M+ Consumer Lending Program on time and under-budget working with teams distributed across two continents
- Led the conception and delivery of the Barclays US next generation cloud-native technology program (codenamed Cobalt)
- One of 22 Distinguished Engineers within a 25K+ strong IT organization
Played a variety of technology leadership roles ranging from developer, architect to Technology Principal responsible for helping C-level executives and their teams deliver complex software solutions using iterative methods. Led agile transformation journeys at several clients in varied domains such as Banking, Education, Finance, Airlines, Healthcare, Retail, etc. Specialist in the application of eXtreme Programming (XP) methods to rapidly and reliably architect and deliver complex software solutions.
Citicorp Overseas Software Ltd.
Software Developer on the Trade Record Information Management System (TRIMS).
Software Engineer and Tech Lead of the Container Management module in the Ports & Cargo (PnC) department. Implemented the system on-site in Hamburg, Germany.
Feb 2019 Migrating to a Distributed Service Ecosytem - O’Reilly Software Architecture, New York
Sep 2018 Microservices from the Trenches - Part Deux - AxonIQ, Amsterdam
Sep 2017 Microservices from the Trenches - AxonIQ, Amsterdam
Jun 2017 Microservice Design Patterns - Philly JUG
Oct 2016 Succeeding with Spring Boot - Philly JUG
Sep 2015 Functional Concepts in Java - Philly JUG
Nov 2014 Functional Programming in Java - FunctionalConf, Bangalore
Jan 2012 Agile Testing Patterns - Agile Philly
Microservices from the Trenches - Experiences at BarclayCard
Functional Programming Using Java 8 - Functional Conf
Bachelors Computer Science, Vivekanand Education Society’s Institute of Technology (Mumbai)
Interests and Hobbies
Fan of playing, watching and nit-picking the nuances of the game of cricket